24 October, 2021
A workshop on “Understanding of P&ID and PFD in Chemical Process Plant” was organized by the Chemical Engineering Department under the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) students’ chapter on 24th September 2021 for UG and PG students of Chemical Engineering across the Gujarat State. The main idea of this workshop is to make the participants aware about basics of Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Process and Instrument Drawing (P&ID) and their applications in Chemical and Allied Industries.
- Expert: Mr. Bhavish Desai, Deputy Manager (Technology), ATUL Ltd., Valsad.
- Event coordinators: Prof. P. D. Shah and Prof. U. P. Christian
- No. of participants: 98
- Platform: Microsoft Teams
- Basics of Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Process and Instrument Drawing (P&ID)
- Difference between PFD and P&ID
- Use of P&ID
- How to read P&ID
- Design and Layout of process system