To become good learning resource provider in technical education and research.
To incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards students and faculty. To offer comprehensive services related to spreading of knowledge. Also to offer high quality information resources and to achieve quality in service.
All students and faculty members of Vishwakarma Government Engineering College are to be registered as Member of library. Book borrowing rights are given to all Students (UG/PG) and faculty members.
Location of library
Library area covers basement in D-block and it is spread across 1050 m2, which cover Librarian cabin, news paper reading area, book issue and return area, reference section, magazine section
All books of Library are classified as per Dewey Decimal Classification System (DDC). Data entry of all books available in library is done in Soul 2.0 Network version. Book issue and return facilities, book search option, student membership is to be done through this Soul 2.o software.
Issue & Return of books Hours
Monday to Friday and working Saturday: 11.00 AM to 2:00PM and 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM.
Library opening Hours
Monday to Friday and working Saturday 9:30AM to 6.10PM
|Total area of the library
||1050 m2 (D-Block basement)
|Seating capacity of the library
|Working hours of library
||08 Hrs (10.30am to 6.10pm)
|Library Networking facility
|Usage data of the library (in terms of books issued to the faculty & students etc.)
||200/day (Average )
Branch wise Book Detail
||No. of Title
|Power Electronics Engineering
|Civil / Applied. Mech.
| Total of Volume & Title
Rules and Regulations
- Students and staff and others are required to put their belongings in the rack at the entrance of library, before entering in books and magazine section.
- All are required to enter their name and sign in the register kept at the entrance before entering library.
- Students should compulsorily carry their identity cards to the library. Without student ID card, transaction of book will not be done.
- Two Books will be issued to the students for 14 days only. The fine will be charged Re.1 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
- Book borrower must satisfy himself/herself whether the books are in good condition or not before they leave the counter. If any damage is noticed, the same must be intimated to library personal. Otherwise they will be responsible for any damage
- All are required to show the materials which are being taken out of the library to the library personal before leaving library
- User should maintain peace and discipline in the library. Smoking/eating/sleeping is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Newspapers, periodicals & reference books can be used only in library; said material will not be issued from the Library.
- Students are not permitted to sit in the library during their teaching hours.
- Borrowing library card is not transferable