Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad was established in August 1994, with an objective of imparting higher education in various fields of engineering and technology. This institute is recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Institute of Engineers (India). The college is administrated by Directorate of Technical Education, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar and is affiliated with Gujarat Technological University. VGEC shifted to its own campus at Chandkheda, Ahmedabad in the year 2005.
Dr. R. K. Gajjar
The world is changing fast with innovation and unconventional thinking. This is the era of global technological development and advancement. India is one of the fastest growing and progressing countries in the world. Industrial, technological, and scientific development is accelerating at a very fast rate. In such an environment, industry demands highly qualified, skilled, efficient and well trained engineers. Engineering colleges are trying their best to provide engineers as per the requirements of industry. Quality education contributes in making a beautiful world. To fulfill the ongoing mission for providing quality engineers, Vishwakarma Government Engineering College initiated multifold activities that will include students and faculty. The aim is to create top of the line and will contribute not only to the specific needs of industry, but will also be socially responsible and will leave their distinguished mark in whatever they do. I am sure that the energy and commitment of its dynamic students and highly qualified faculty will lead us to great heights and make the state and nation proud.
- To create an ecosystem for proliferation of socially responsible and technically sound engineers, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- To develop state-of-the-art laboratories and well-equipped academic infrastructure.
- To motivate faculty and staff for qualification up-gradation, and enhancement of subject knowledge.
- To promote research, innovation and real life problem solving skills.
- To strengthen linkages with industries, academic and research organizations.
- To reinforce concern for sustainability, natural resource conservation and social responsibility.