- Electrical Engineering
- Department Details
- Academic Calendar
- Course Website
- Industry Advisory Board
Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Year of starting||1994|
|First year of approval by council||1994 F-700/41/GJ/(1)/RC/9|
- To produce comprehensively trained, socially responsible and innovative electrical graduates to contribute to the society.
- To develop well equipped laboratories and infrastructure for conducive learning.
- To produce competent and disciplined electrical engineers to serve the nation.
- To help in building national capabilities for excellent energy management and to explore nonconventional energy sources.
- To produce electrical engineers with an attitude to adapt themselves to changing technological environment.
- To enhance entrepreneurship skills through startup.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Develop and conduct appropriate electrical experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies through innovation.
- Work independently on a project or as a team leader.
- Get an employment in various government and private sector Companies, pursue research and innovation.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Use various electrical testing tools and equipments in industry, be an Entrepreneur, Enroll in post-graduate courses, Pursue Research and Innovation in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Use knowledge of various electrical machines and electrical power system in solving complicated electrical circuits and networks by using latest design and simulation tools.
- Use technical expertise and suggest modifications in existing electrical systems.
Prof. Roopal R. Kapadia
Prof. Dharmesh P. Maheshwari
Prof. Yashvant B. Bhavsar
Prof. Neepa P. Shah
Prof. Hiren N. Zala
Prof. Dilipkumar R. Dobariya
Prof. Anita Y. Solanki
Prof. Jignasha A. Prajapati
Prof. Minaxi L. Patel
Prof. Devang K. Bhatt
Prof. Sita S. Agrawal
Prof. Rinal K. Ahir
Prof. Bhupendrakumar K. Patel
Prof. Dixitkumar P. Pathak
Prof. Trushna P. Shah
Prof. Rozina R. Surani
Prof. Avani T. Mistry
Prof. Kaustubh A. Vyas
Prof. Mehulsinh G. Jadeja
Prof. Pulin J. Purohit
Prof. Hitendrasinh B. Vaghela
Prof. Dharmistha V. Makwana
Prof. Divyesh J. Vaghela
Prof. Vaibhavi M. Parmar
Prof. Nilesh J. Patel
Prof. Grishma P. Shah
Prof. Beena M. Bambhaniya
Mr. Pradipkumar T. Prajapati
Electrical Mechanics Laboratory
The laboratory is equipped with basic and advanced electrical machines. Major Equipments are 1-Phase and 3-Phase transformer, 1-phase and 3-phase variac, Induction machines, DC machines , Synchronous machines, lamp banks, various measuring meters, cut section of machines to demonstrate various parts of machines, various Resistive, Inductive and Capacitive load banks etc.
High Voltage Engineering Laboratory
This laboratory is designed to provide platform for basic studies and to give boost to research in Insulation studies. Major Equipments are Oil testing kit, kit for measurement of dielectric strength of solid, Horn-gap arrester, Electrolytic tank, Sphere-Gap assembly, High-voltage transformer with control panel, High-Voltage rectifier etc.
Switchgear and Protection Laboratory
Major Equipments are Transmission Line Simulator with Protection system, Microcontroller based Distance Relay trainer, Microcontroller based Over Current relay trainer, various Circuit breaker for demonstration.
Major Equipments are Experimental setups for power electronics Applications such as PWM Inverters, V-I Characteristics of IGBT, SCR, UJT & MOSFET trainer, A.C. voltage controllers, Cyclo-converter, Chopper controlled DC drives, Chopper trainer, Single phase dual converter, Gate/Base triggering circuit trainer, Digital Storage Scopes - 60 MHz and 200 MHz with high voltage differential probe, AC to DC regulated dual power supplies, Measurement panel includes CRO, function generator, regulated DC power supply.
The goal of a computer lab is to teach students of each semester efficiently and effectively. The computer lab is designed to perform practicals based on different software like matlab,sci lab,vlab,psim etc. The students utilize this lab for searching different e -learning materials .The students use this computer lab for finding information related to their Design engineering and final year project.
Network Measurement and Instrumentation Lab
The Network,measurement and Instrumentation laboratory is located at L204 L block Electrical department. It is equipped with various experimental setups of bridges for measuring R,L,C, thermocouples, LVDT, Strain guage, ultrasonic distance measurement and other measuring instruments which enhances students knowledge in the field of measurement of electrical parameters.