- Civil Engineering
- Department Details
- Academic Calendar
- Course Website
- News Letter
- Industry Advisory Board
Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Year of starting||2008|
|First year of approval by council||2008 749-87-104(E)/RC/95|
- To provide a dynamic learning environment in the field of Civil Engineering with global perspectives, to make the students technically competent for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- To promote real-time education, research culture, and consultancy work for industrial and societal needs.
- To develop well-equipped laboratories and infrastructure for conducive teaching-learning environment.
- To enhance professional engineering and entrepreneurship skills to manage turnkey projects.
- To inculcate the value system in the students to provide socially responsible and eco-friendly solutions in the field of construction infrastructure.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The graduates shall be able to apply technical knowledge and skill for solving real-world Civil Engineering problems.
- The graduates shall be able to engage themselves to achieve expertise in analysis and design of structures by modern Civil Engineering tools and techniques.
- The graduates shall become responsible technocrats to deliver environmental friendly sustainable solutions.
- The graduates shall become capable to demonstrate the best Civil Engineering practices through adaptations to ethics and bye-laws.
- The graduates shall be able to pursue their career as professional entrepreneur in the field of Civil Engineering.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Educating students with fundamental and technical knowledge for actively apply to solve day-to-day societal problems related to the field of civil engineering.
- Motivate to engage them for achieving expertise in design and analysis of structures by modern civil engineering tools.
- Cultivate skills for continuous learning to achieve functionally efficient, cost effective and safe solutions of modern infrastructure development.
- Inculcate students to develop professional skills, abilities and attitude for wage employment and/or to become entrepreneur.
- Inspiring Students to become ethically responsible technocrats to deliver environmental friendly and sustainable solutions.
Prof. Pradeepkumar P. Lodha
Prof. Ravindra G. Motwani
Prof. Sailesh A. Trivedi
Prof. Upendrasingh R. Singh
Prof. Bhagyesh C Contractor
Prof. Dharti R. Rawat
Prof. Saad M Golwala
Mr. Navinchandra B Patel
Prof. Khushboo M. Parmar
Prof. Girish D. Jagad
Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
This lab has high-end facilities like Alpha-FTIR Spectrometer that is equipped with a versatile ZnSe ATR crystal for the analysis of powders, solids, pastes and liquids. It has also UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, suitable for organic and coloured metal samples. Hundreds of organic precursors and salts are available for research, PG and UG level experiments.
The computer laboratory & project laboratory has 13 + 5 high end dell computers with led monitors and internet facility. The computers have many software's installed such as Autocad 2019, Revit 2019, Vissim, QGIS, Epanet for various course and project related work.
The Environment lab has various equipments of water, waste water , air and noise quality assesment which includes Digital p H meter, Water testing Kit, COD Apparatus, BOD incubator , Water Bath, Jar apparatus, Sound meter etc
The surveying lab has various equipments rannging from latest Total Station to basic equipments like chain, tape and compass for through knowledge of students. It also has Plain Table, Dumpy level and Auto level for basic surveying needs.
Transportation lab has various equipments for test on both aggregate as well as on bitumein. The equipments includes, Shape test Apparatus, sieve shaker's, Impact testing machine, Los Angeles Abrasion machine for aggregates and Penetrometer, Ductility testing machine, Ring and ball Apparatus, Viscometer, Flash and fire point test apparatus for bitumein testing.
|Technical visit at Kotarpur WTP||
|IEI Student Chapter Workshop on Self Compacting Concrete||
|Visit to Kotarpur water treatment plant Ahmedabad||
|Expert Talk on Application of GIS and Remote Sensing||
|Expert Talk on Innovations in Concrete||
|Technical Visit to Canal Crossing||
|Technical Visit to Wanakbori Weir||
|Technical demonstration on GIS software||
|IEI Workshop on Recent Trends in Concrete Technology||
|A Workshop On Recent Trends in Concrete Technology||
|Technical Visit of Sardar Sarovar Dam||
|Technical Visit of J K Laxmi Cement plant Sirohi||
|Exhibition on Save water Recourses||
E-News Letter Volume-2,Issue-2,July-Dec 2019
E-News Letter Volume-2, Issue-1, January - June 2019
E-News Letter Volume-1, Issue-2, July - Dec 2018
E-News Letter Volume-1, Issue-1, January - June 2018